Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 20 | revived. renewed. restored.


Main Street, Milton, ON
©KatShots | May 18, 2013
Hello po! 

I'm writing as naturally as I know how. Non-stop.  Keeping my hands moving across the keyboard.  I only have my photos, images I took this weekend, to guide me.  I trust that what I write and share will suffice.  I remember the practice and remind myself that this is enough.

This is a photo taken outside the Thai House Cuisine.  The A family just had the best thai food in Milton for lunch last Sunday.  As of this photo, we're all walking from Froyo, the self-serve yogurt joint that was all abuzz the last time I visited Manila.  It was all over! Malls, grocery stores and street corners!  Just how much yogurt does one Filipino community need?  I wonder if it's still the craze there now.






* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

©KatShots | May 20, 2013
Today, Monday, I wrote by the lake.  This is what came up for me:

i'm writing by my loonie lake. i have my wireless keyboard on my lap, ipad's on the blue bench armrest.
i need a folding table, or at the very least, one of those lap thingies to put everything in. nah.  table is better, one of those lightweight IKEA ones.  writing here is new.  yes, i've (hand)written here before but this is a first for my gadgets.
peaceful and calmness here.  the lake is placid.  walking ladies in their colorful saris.  the dark green bushes are lush with spring. i am momentarily alarmed at the clicking sound in one of them, like an insect clicking its heels (insects have heels?) as it is mating season, i suspect.  no, not cricket but something else…snake? ack! i try to calm my breathing. i am fine. i lift my right leg off the ground, one is already tucked from underneath me. 

©KatShots | May 20, 2013
i hear fireworks in the distance. it is victoria day after all. i try to find a comfortable position but can't.  i'm leaning on my left arm tucked into the bench and there is no better position than this.  i guess i can type sideways. i try that. my keyboard is on my lap in front of me and iPad on my left side. its disorienting but i do it anyway. i don't need to be looking at the page.  duh. this is great!  i am typing blind. i can do that.  something inside tells me take a break and grab my bread sticks, to take another sip from my travel tea mug. i don't get bread sticks.  i sip some warm green tea instead.  i hear yelling, kids, from a short distance. i imagine them walking their dog. i see them coming out from the lake area. no dog. just grandparents and two kids.  i'm watching the family of four, the girl is holding a red rubber ball, all in shorts and shirts and a spring in their step.  i have my windbreaker on.  i need it.  

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Renew. Anew. 
This next few days will be all about refining, recalibrating, reorganizing.  Spring is all about cleaning out the old and bringing in the new.  It will be painful especially for a packrat like me.  I've got organized chaos (still chaos) all over the house.  My Wruddy will teach me how to use eBay this coming June.  I'm excited to put pre-loved up for sale very soon!

Today at sunset.
©KatShots | May 20, 2013
More from the Wow-day SunDay @ Milton...


Off of Main Street, Downtown, Milton

Mill Pond, Milton, ON

One glorious Sun*Day
Mill Pond, Milton, ON



The
BIG L❤ves
of my life
Mill Pond, Milton





Courage in Creativity,









No comments :

Post a Comment