Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 9 | Dearest Mom | a mamay's day special short feature

The Pineda Family, Circa 1975

I know I don't say it often enough, Mamay, but I think it every single day. 

I think and feel it when I tuck them in at night with chapter 3 of the book of the month, right now it is Jonathan Livingston Seagull, or when giving yet another hug or in freshening up the 7th cool compress on a feverish child; when all I really want to do is just crawl into my own bed and sleep for an entire week; when I have to do yet another chore on already overflowing to-do list, when I put up with yet another kid's tantrum or tween angst topped with a "No, Mom, please stop hugging/kissing/making gigil on me because it's embarrassing!" Deep little pinches that make me think, what is this all for and about again? These are the times that I think of how you have given me, given us your four kids so much of yourself. This is when the answer comes shining through, the clear purpose of motherhood for me: This is my way of thanking my mom, for giving back and showing her and myself and my God how truly grateful I am for having a mom who gave us herself, her all, her heart and soul. 

Happy Mother's Day to the most loving and absolutely beautiful mom in the world for me! I love you and miss you so much, Mamay. 

My mom in high school, 1960
Love, your eldest and favorite absentee daughter, Chiqui

4 comments :

  1. Doesn't Blogger have a LIKE button, Chiquipot? Sige na lang. I LOVE IT. Short but very sweet. I bet it took you all of... 3 minutes to type this. Zoom zoom! - Charot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there was a 'Like', I don't know where to find it! Buti pa sa inyo (Wordpress) meron. Hoy, hindi naman 3, more like 10 minutes naman! May sakit pa 'yan. :p

      Delete
  2. Kaya nga lumipat ka na sa Wordpress, classmate. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sige, sige, idol classmate. Looking into it with my wruddy, Chapokski.

      Delete